Patient Online Services
- Make appointments online
- Order repeat prescriptions online
- Nominate a pharmacy
- Update your details
- View your own results and medical record online
You can complete these actions using a computer, tablet or smartphone rather than having to phone or visit your practice.
What are the benefits of online services?
Online services allows you to request repeat prescriptions or view your records/ results at a time that is convenient to you – day or night. It can also mean not having to travel to the surgery and can free up phone lines for people without access to a computer.
Having access to records puts you more in control of your health and wellbeing. This is particularly helpful for people who live with a long-term condition that needs regular monitoring and frequent prescriptions.
Practices have found that online access helps to manage appointments and telephone calls more efficiently and patients find it convenient and accessible.
How can I get access to my GP Record?
Various free smartphone apps (iphones or androids) do this. Please speak to our reception staff. We recommend the “NHS app”. First set up your own username and password for this app on your phone or PC .
The next step is securely enabling the app to view your medical record. For the NHS app, you can verify your identity from home by facial recognition and submitting an image of photo ID such as a passport. For other apps we would need to verify your identity ,so that we can provide you with a unique PIN
Other apps include patientaccess (produced by Egton, the providers of our clinical software) , and others listed at https://digital.nhs.uk/services/future-gp-it-systems-and-services/im1-pairing-integration/emis-pfs-suppliers
The NHS App provides a simple and secure way for patients to book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.
Who is it suitable for?
The NHS App is for people aged 13 and over who are registered with a connected GP surgery. You can use some of the app's features without your GP surgery being connected.
How does it work?
With the NHS App you can:
- check your symptoms – find reliable NHS information on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get immediate advice
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medications and request a new repeat prescription
- view your medical record – get secure access to your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor – easily manage your preferences on the NHS Organ Donor Register
- choose how the NHS uses your data – register your decision on whether it can be used for research and planning
Online Clinical or Administrative Enquiry
For registered patients, we have simplified making an enquiry to the practice (clinical or administrative) as of 1st August 2022 , following successful pilot and feedback . We use a simple portal asking a few essential questions so we can best help you. This can be used 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Reception staff can send you link , help you complete , or answer any questions. We hope you find it straightforward to use. Click here to view/ enquire